Will Knauss is a child of the seventies. When he wasn’t twirling around on the playground (like Lynda Carter from Wonder Woman), he wrote stories and performed plays for family members. Enthusiasm for his theatrical presentations varied. Before becoming an author, Will’s work experience ranged from hotel housekeeper to retail clerk. While living in New York, he even worked as a Wax Museum tour guide.
In 1995 he asked the man who would eventually become his husband on a date. No Netflix and chill for them, though, remember, this was the Dark Ages (aka the midnineties). They went to an actual theater to see the John Carpenter remake of Village of the Damned. They have been inseparable ever since.
Each week, Will shares his love of gay romance fiction with the listeners of the Big Gay Fiction Podcast, a show he co-created with his husband and fellow author, Jeff Adams.
Other random facts: He loves Jacqueline Susann’s Valley of the Dolls and Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City. He can answer any question about Bette Davis (he’s that obsessed) and has an ever-growing collection of Wonder Woman ephemera (see Lynda Carter reference above).
As Featured On…
Jeff Adams and Will Knauss, along with their podcasts and books, have been featured on a number of shows and websites:
- BuzzFeed: 52 Podcasts For Every Type Of Book Lover (October 2, 2020)
- Best Book Ever Podcast: 014 Jeff Adams on “The Understatement of the Year” by Sarina Bowen (August 31, 2020)
- Great Writers Share Podcast: Getting Started with Gay Romance Fiction, Collaboration, and Keeping the Creative Passion Burning (August 7, 2020)
- La Porte County (Indiana) Public Library: 10 Best Book Podcasts to Find Your Next Read (July 14, 2020)
- Frolic: Celebrating Pride Month with Books! (June 8, 2020)
- Good Morning America: Virtual Pride Events Offer New Way to Celebrate LGBTQ History and Culture in June (June 2020)
- GLAAD 2020 Pride Guide: Big Gay Fiction Podcast Pride Month Celebration (June 2020)
- Paper Planes: 13 Bookish Podcasts for Readers of All Kinds (May 30, 2020)
- The Writer’s Well Podcast: Episode 177: How Do You Organize and Use the Information You Learn about Writing? (May 27, 2020)
- Klunatics Podcast: Episode 8: Humor, Heart & Surprise Fisting (May 10, 2020)
- D2D Spotlight: A Conversation with Jeff Adams & Will Knauss (May 8, 2020)
- What Women Want: Gay Romance: Documentary film on m/m romance (May 2020)
- The Creative Penn Podcast: #486 – Writing and Working Together as a Creative Couple with Jeff Adams and Will Knauss (April 27, 2020)
- Frolic: Hockey Players Heat up the Pages (April 16, 2020)
- Book Riot: 33 of the Best Book Podcasts for All Genres (March 13, 2020)
- Tea & Strumpets A Regency Romance Review: 018 – Turners 1 – The Soldier’s Scoundrel (January 16, 2020)
- Frolic: LGBT Romance Community Comes Together at GayRomLit (October 28, 2019)
- Smart Podcast, Trashy Books: 374. Artisanal Podcasting Under the Big Gay Umbrella: A Conversation with Jeff Adams and Will Knauss (October 25, 2019)
- O: The Oprah Magazine: 21 of the Best Book Podcasts to Listen to When You’re Not Reading (September 26, 2019)
- Women.com: Listen to these 9 Romance Podcasts for a Little Love in Your Life (March 13, 2019)
- Smart Podcast, Trashy Books: 323. A Big Gay Fiction Interview with Jeff Adams and Will Knauss (November 2, 2018)
- How Do You Write? Podcast: Ep. 069: Jeff and Will on Sharing a Podcast and Writing and Life (December 1, 2017)