Here are the basics about being a guest on the Big Gay Fiction Podcast.
- Interviews need to be recorded at least two weeks in advance of the scheduled air date.
- We schedule interviews using Acuity Scheduling, which allows you to see all of our available dates/times. You can customize your timezone on the form so you won’t have to think about conversions. You’ll receive confirmation and reminder emails automatically.
- We’re happy to schedule your appearance around a book release or other event (provided the date you want is open). Otherwise, we can schedule simply based on when we have openings in our schedule.
- Don’t worry if something urgent comes up on your interview day. If you need to reschedule, just let us know.
- We do everything possible to minimize having to reschedule because something happens on our side. We’ll let you know as far in advance as possible if that happens.
Audio-only or Video?
- We record using Zoom.
- If needed, we can make other arrangements. Please let us know if for some reason Zoom isn’t ok for you.
- We love to record video but only if you’re comfortable with it. Video is 100% optional. If we don’t do video, we’ll run a book cover or appropriate graphic on our video version.
- When you schedule your appearance, you’ll see a box that asks if we’ll be recording video. (You can always change your mind, but this lets us know what to set up for on our side.)
- If you have a relatively new (within last five years) laptop and a good wi-fi connection, you should be good to go with Zoom. If you need tech help, just check the box on the scheduling form and we’ll be in touch to help sort it out.
- At least a day before the interview, we’ll send you the list of questions that we’ve planned. We can add/remove any that you’d like. And, of course, there’ll be tangents and followups that come up in conversation, but you’ll have the basic rundown.
- Please be in a location that is as quiet as possible. If we’re recording video, good lighting is also recommended.
- When we’re ready to record, we’ll start with a 3, 2, 1 count down, you’ll be welcomed and then we’ll dive in on the questions.
- If anything goes wrong, or you feel we need to pause, we can. That’s what editing is for! (And take heart, we’re editing our own mistakes a lot.)
That’s all! And if you’ve got any questions, just ask. We’re happy to help… and even more happy you’re going to join us on the show.