The guys open with discussion of Jeff’s writing accomplishments this week–a manuscript turned in to the publisher, another manuscript through first draft and preparing to plot out three other novels. They also apologize to the video audience for the issues with episode 31’s video feed.
Jeff’s in the middle of reading Joe Okonkwo’s Jazz Moon and recommends people pick it up for pre-order. Jeff & Will briefly lament the upcoming closing of QUEERCentric Books.
Pop culture takes over as Will talks about Entertainment Weekly articles featuring newly out actor Colton Haynes and the lack of LGBTQ representation in super hero films. The glut of renewals and cancellations of some of their favorite shows are discussed before some quick recaps of Dancing with the Stars and The Voice, which are headed towards season finales on May 23. They also talk about Inside Out, which they’ve finally seen.
Brandilyn from Prism Book Alliance stops by to recommend a YA sci-fi series she’s into from R.G. Thomas. Then Justin Syde talks about the Gay Sex Positions Coloring Book and the upcoming Pride: A Coloring Book.
Here are the things we talk about in this episode:
- Jazz Moon by Joe Okonkwo for pre-order on Amazon
- “Colton Haynes gets honest about life after Arrow“ on EW.com
- Nyle on DWTS: Paso Doble (with silent section) | Argentine Tango (with same-sex partners) from YouTube
- Inside Out on Amazon
- From Brandilyn at Prism Book Alliance
- Prism Book Alliance website
- The Midnight Gardener (The Town of Superstition Book 1) by R.G. Thomas on Amazon
- The Well of Tears (The Town of Superstition Book 2) by R.G. Thomas for pre-order on Harmony Ink Press
- Harmony Ink Press website
- From Justin Syde interview