For the first time in weeks the guys manage a podcast without an interview segment–meaning nearly all the talk is theirs!
Jeff kicks it off with news about how his writing is going, then it’s a final shout out to Tammy Middleton’s Author’s Sign Off for Autism Awareness, which raised more than $3,000 dollars for Autism Speaks.
Will reviews The Cattle Baron’s Bogus Boyfriend by Nicki Bennett. The Tony Award nominations came out and Jeff & Will spend some time dissecting them before moving on to discussions of The Real O’Neals, superhero shows and the delightful comedy, The Intern. Archie Comics also gets a shout out for its upcoming series featuring gay character Kevin Keller, who will also show up in the CW’s pilot for Riverdale.
Lisa from The Novel Approach stops by with book recommendations from Jordan L. Hawke, Andrea Speed, Charlie David and S. Hunter Nisbet.
Jeff discusses the idea of authors using video-based content, as well as seeing reviewers in the romance genre producing video reviews. Will recaps some of the learning he’s doing–including a book about romance writing from Gwen Hayes and a course from Dean Wesley Smith.
Here are the things we talk about in this episode:
- The Cattle Baron’s Bogus Boyfriend by Nicki Bennett on Amazon
- The Tony Awards official website
- Hamilton on Broadway website
- Shuffle Along on Broadway website
- Waitress on Broadway website
- Spring Awakening the musical website
- The Real O’Neals on ABC
- The Flash on the CW
- Arrow on the CW
- Legends of Tomorrow on the CW
- Supergirl on CBS
- The Intern on Amazon
- Kevin Keller at Archie Comics
- From Lisa at The Novel Approach
- Creative Penn Podcast Episode #264: Video Marketing & YouTube Tips for Authors with Michael La Ronn
- Rocking Self Publishing Podcast #147: Boldly Launching a Fiction Career With Derek Murphy
- QUEERCentric Books YouTube channel
- Christina’s Bookshelf YouTube channel
- Romancing the Beat: Story Structure for Romance Novels (How to Write Kissing Books Book 1) by Gwen Hayes on Amazon
- Dean Wesley Smith online workshops website