It’s a big anniversary show this week!
Jeff & Will celebrate 21 years since their first date, the podcast celebrates six months and Dreamspinner Press celebrates nine years in business with a week long sale of books from authors who started with them during their first three years (which includes Jeff). Jeff also talks about the decent writing month he had in April and that Tammy Middleton’s Authors “Sign Off” for Autism Awareness Auction ended with a $110 bid for the Hat Trick books.
Jeff will be on the WROTE podcast on Friday, May 6. The guys also gave a shout out to their friend David LaBounty whose Bookstores & Baseball zine was written up on Minor League Baseball’s website and that David had written a nice piece about BGFP on his The First Line Facebook page. The writeup included the instructions for the a BGFP drinking game.
Will reviews two books: The Unstable Stud by Ariel Tachna and Duke in Hiding by M.J. O’Shea. They guys also discuss the upcoming second season of Lifetime’s UnReal and the webseries they caught this past week, UnReal: The Faith Dairies, which focuses on the lesbian character, Faith.
Jay from Joyfully Jay stops by to discuss a couple of LGBTQ panels from the recent RT convention and gives some book recommendations. Then Jeff welcomes Jeff Garvin, author of Symptoms of Being Human to the show to talk about the book, his writing process, Stephen King and more.
And the bonus Jeff Garvin interview segment:
Here are the things we talk about in this episode:
- Dreamspinner Press anniversary (see the list of sale authors in the middle column of the home page)
- Jeff Adams at Dreamspinner Press website (see bottom of the page for Jeff’s on sale stories)
- WROTE podcast website (Jeff’s episode, #56, will appear on Friday, May 6)
- “Zine and be seen: A family’s baseball journey” on MiLB.com
- Bookstores and Baseball issues from DavidLabounty.com
- The First Line BGFP writeup on Facebook
- The Unstable Stud by Ariel Tachna on Amazon
- Duke in Hiding by M.J. O’Shea on Amazon
- UnReal season one on Lifetime
- UnReal: The Faith Diaries on Lifetime.com
- From Jay at Joyfully Jay:
- From Jeff Garvin
- Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin on Amazon
- Balzer + Bray Facebook page
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli on Amazon
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger on Amazon
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon on Amazon
- Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes on Amazon
- The Beach by Alex Garland on Amazon
- Stephen King on Amazon
- 11-22-63 by Stephen King on Amazon
- Jeff Garvin on the web: website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
- The Trevor Project website