The guys have a whole bunch of random topics this week. Jeff starts off talking about the projects he’s editing right now and then it’s about the book he finished reading last week–Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin. The other book discovery is Gay Sex Positions: An Adult Coloring Book, which they’ve ordered and Will shows off the sample page he’s colored. Moving on to TV, they talk about The Voice battle rounds, La’Porsha Renae on American Idol, Kim Fields and Nyle DiMarco on Dancing with the Stars as well as The Passion Live on Fox.
Last week’s Question of the Week on podcasts is answered before the guys dive into two podcasts they listened to that had an impact: The Creative Penn’s interview with Beth Buelow about her book Introvert Entrepreneur and The Self Publishing Podcasts‘ discussion of “How to Be Happy Where You Are in Your Writing Career.”
The Academy Award nominated film Carol, starring Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara, is praised. Jeff also discusses the upcoming #40toNoneDay, which raises awareness about LGBT youth homelessness. The show wraps up with the new Question of the Week: “How often do you browse physical bookstores for books?” and a look ahead to the Rainbow Book Fair, coming up April 9 in NYC.
Here are the things we talk about in this episode:
- Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin on Amazon
- Gay Sex Positions: An Adult Coloring Book website (NSFW!) | Free coloring page signup | Twitter (@Gspacb)
- From The Voice on You Tube
- La’Porsha Renae on American Idol on YouTube
- Nyle and Peta ChaCha on Dancing with the Stars
- Nyle’s DWTS vlog with People.com
- The Passion Live on Fox
- The Creative Penn Podcast #260: “The Introvert Entrepreneur with Beth Buelow“
- The Introvert Entrepreneur by Beth Buelow on Amazon
- Self Publishing Podcast #201: “How to be Happy Where You Are in Your Writing Career”
- Carol on DVD/Blu-Ray at Amazon
- The Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith on Amazon
- True Colors Fund: 40 to None Day
- “Where to Find a Book” – Jeff’s “Outside the Margins” column on Prism Book Alliance
- QUEERCentric Books: Read with Pride shirt supporting the LGBT Center in Raleigh, NC
- Rainbow Book Fair, April 9 in NYC
[h2]Question of the Week Episode 24 Responses:[/h2]
While listeners can leave comments on the website each week, answers come in from various other platforms as well (and we can only read a few answers on the show). Here are all the responses we got to the question “What podcasts are you listening to?” Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer.
- A.J.: My favorite podcasts to listen to (aside from this one, obviously) are the Savage Lovecast and Media Carnivores hosted by Brent Hartinger (author of Geography Club).
- Kim: I listen to Book Riot for general book news.
- Nancy: This is the first podcast I’ve listened to regularly. I look forward to getting the message on my cellphone that the podcast is available. I’m definitely going to listen to Romance Out Loud.
- Katie: Yours is the first I’ve listened to, but Romance out Loud sounds great. I’ll have to check it out. I’ve listened to the Basement Yard a little bit. Joe Santagaro just complains about weird crazy people and stuff. Sometimes he’s too crass for me.