Hosts: Jeff Adams & Will Knauss
Producer: Jeff Adams
Questions/Comments? Drop an email to email@example.com
Jeff Adams and Will Knauss are husbands, authors and podcasters. To learn all about the hosts, listen/watch Big Gay Fiction Podcast: Episode 1, which is their origin story.
As Featured On…
Jeff Adams and Will Knauss, along with their podcasts and books, have been featured on a number of shows and websites:
- Great Writers Share Podcast: Getting Started with Gay Romance Fiction, Collaboration, and Keeping the Creative Passion Burning (August 7, 2020)
- La Porte County (Indiana) Public Library: 10 Best Book Podcasts to Find Your Next Read (July 14, 2020)
- Frolic: Celebrating Pride Month with Books! (June 8, 2020)
- Good Morning America: Virtual Pride Events Offer New Way to Celebrate LGBTQ History and Culture in June (June 2020)
- GLAAD 2020 Pride Guide: Big Gay Fiction Podcast Pride Month Celebration (June 2020)
- Paper Planes: 13 Bookish Podcasts for Readers of All Kinds (May 30, 2020)
- The Writer’s Well Podcast: Episode 177: How Do You Organize and Use the Information You Learn about Writing? (May 27, 2020)
- Klunatics Podcast: Episode 8: Humor, Heart & Surprise Fisting (May 10, 2020)
- D2D Spotlight: A Conversation with Jeff Adams & Will Knauss (May 8, 2020)
- What Women Want: Gay Romance: Documentary film on m/m romance (May 2020)
- The Creative Penn Podcast: #486 – Writing and Working Together as a Creative Couple with Jeff Adams and Will Knauss (April 27, 2020)
- Frolic: Hockey Players Heat up the Pages (April 16, 2020)
- Book Riot: 33 of the Best Book Podcasts for All Genres (March 13, 2020)
- Tea & Strumpets A Regency Romance Review: 018 – Turners 1 – The Soldier’s Scoundrel (January 16, 2020)
- Frolic: LGBT Romance Community Comes Together at GayRomLit (October 28, 2019)
- Smart Podcast, Trashy Books: 374. Artisanal Podcasting Under the Big Gay Umbrella: A Conversation with Jeff Adams and Will Knauss (October 25, 2019)
- O: The Oprah Magazine: 21 of the Best Book Podcasts to Listen to When You’re Not Reading (September 26, 2019)
- Women.com: Listen to these 9 Romance Podcasts for a Little Love in Your Life (March 13, 2019)
- Smart Podcast, Trashy Books: 323. A Big Gay Fiction Interview with Jeff Adams and Will Knauss (November 2, 2018)
- How Do You Write? Podcast: Ep. 069: Jeff and Will on Sharing a Podcast and Writing and Life (December 1, 2017)
What We Use to Make the Show
In-studio and On-the-road:
Microphones: Shure SM86-LC Cardioid Condenser Vocal Microphone
Cables: AxcessAbles XLR Male to XLR Female Microphone Audio Cables
Recording device: Zoom H6 Six-Track Portable Recorder
We also have D’Addario Accessories Male XLR male to balanced 1/4″ female adapter and Hosa CMP-310 3.5 mm TS to 1/4″ TS Mono Interconnect Cable, 10 feet to facilitate plugging into soundboards if needed.
Skype or Zoom on an iMac using Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 and Blue Yeti mic.
Skype Audio/Video Recording: Call Recorder for Skype from Ecamm Network
Interview scheduling: Acuity Scheduling (an amazing online tool to schedule appointments so you don’t have to go back and forth on timing).
Transcripts: Descript. Starting from episode 180 all of our author interviews receive a transcript. Starting May 2019, we’re working backward as well so that eventually all interviews will have a transcript so that the interviews can be enjoyed by those who wish to listen, watch or read.
Camera: iPhone 8 using built-in Photo app or Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920
LibSyn: For file hosting, RSS management for all distribution, direct file download, statistics.
At the 2017 Romantic Times Booklovers Convention, we presented a workshop entitled Podcasting 101: Tips for Being a Good Guest and Starting Your Own. The materials from that workshop are available to download.
Two books that we also like: Novel Idea to Podcast: How to Sell More Books Through Podcasting by Paul Sating and Big Podcast: Grow Your Podcast Audience, Build Listener Loyalty, and Get Everybody Talking About Your Show by David Hooper.
Big Gay Author Podcast regularly uses affiliate programs provided by the websites we link to. When a user purchases something from a link that’s clicked, Big Gay Author Podcast may receive compensation in the form of an affiliate commission. It’s important to note that clicking on a Big Gay Author Podcast link doesn’t cost the consumer anything. The commission is paid from the seller’s margin, often as a marketing expense.
In full transparency, and in compliance with FTC guidelines, we want to inform you of the following:
Affiliate Links: In many cases links in the shownotes and other areas of the Big Gay Author Podcast website are affiliate links and a small commission from sales of certain items will be earned.
Amazon Disclosure: Big Gay Author Podcast participates in many international affiliate programs Amazon has available (a.k.a. Amazon Associates Programs), an affiliate program designed to provide a means to earn a small commission for qualifying purchases from Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.com.mx, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.fr, Amazon.de, Amazon.es, Amazon.it, Amazon.in, Amazon.cn, Amazon.co.jp, Amazon.com.au and Amazon.com.br.
“Big Gay” is a registered trademark of Jeffrey Adams & William Knauss as it pertains to downloadable podcasts in the field of literature and popular culture.