There’s a kind of perverse joy that comes from watching a truly awful movie musical. Bad acting. Bad dancing. Bad songs. The roller disco extravaganza Xanadu (1980) is considered by many to be the Mount Everest of bad movie musicals, with the Village People’s Can’t Stop the Music (1980) running a close second. But there is another, lesser known, contender that was also released in 1980. Thanks to a series of midnight shows and cable airings, Menahem Golan’s The Apple has achieved a whole new cult fan base. This freaky multi-genre spectacular has earned a place along side Xanadu andCan’t Stop the Music as a movie musical that is so completely misguided that it must be seen to be believed.
- Episode 271 – A Gothic Christmas Party with Gillian St. Kevern
- Episode 270 – Big Gay Fiction Book Club November 2020: “The Christmas Deal” by Keira Andrews
- Episode 269 – From Wild West to Modern Day Shifters with Maz Maddox
- Episode 268 – Debut Author Liz Faraim Introduces Vivian Chastain
- Episode 267 – Reviews: Jayce Ellis, TJ Klune, Avon Gale & Piper Vaughn, Tanya Chris