There’s a kind of perverse joy that comes from watching a truly awful movie musical. Bad acting. Bad dancing. Bad songs. The roller disco extravaganza Xanadu (1980) is considered by many to be the Mount Everest of bad movie musicals, with the Village People’s Can’t Stop the Music (1980) running a close second. But there is another, lesser known, contender that was also released in 1980. Thanks to a series of midnight shows and cable airings, Menahem Golan’s The Apple has achieved a whole new cult fan base. This freaky multi-genre spectacular has earned a place along side Xanadu andCan’t Stop the Music as a movie musical that is so completely misguided that it must be seen to be believed.
- Episode 290 – Big Gay Fiction Book Club February 2021: “Awkward Love” by Riley Hart
- Episode 289 – An Insiders Tour of “The Magic Emporium”
- Episode 288 – Roommates to Lovers with Garrett Leigh
- Episode 287 – Reviews: Philip William Stover, Merry Farmer, Everina Maxwell, Slade James, Adam Silvera
- Episode 286 – Riley Hart’s Strong Friend Groups and Found Family