There’s a kind of perverse joy that comes from watching a truly awful movie musical. Bad acting. Bad dancing. Bad songs. The roller disco extravaganza Xanadu (1980) is considered by many to be the Mount Everest of bad movie musicals, with the Village People’s Can’t Stop the Music (1980) running a close second. But there is another, lesser known, contender that was also released in 1980. Thanks to a series of midnight shows and cable airings, Menahem Golan’s The Apple has achieved a whole new cult fan base. This freaky multi-genre spectacular has earned a place along side Xanadu andCan’t Stop the Music as a movie musical that is so completely misguided that it must be seen to be believed.
- GRL 2018 Bonus – TJ Klune Discusses “The Bones Beneath My Skin”
- GRL 2018 Bonus – “Devil Take Me” Authors: Rhys Ford, Jordan L. Hawk, Jordan Castillo Price, C.S. Poe, TA Moore & narrator Greg Tremblay
- Episode 158 – GRL 2018 Preview
- Episode 157 – Interviews with Tere Michaels, Priscilla Oliveras & Damon Suede
- Episode 156 – Victoria Sue Discusses “Guarding His Melody”