There’s a kind of perverse joy that comes from watching a truly awful movie musical. Bad acting. Bad dancing. Bad songs. The roller disco extravaganza Xanadu (1980) is considered by many to be the Mount Everest of bad movie musicals, with the Village People’s Can’t Stop the Music (1980) running a close second. But there is another, lesser known, contender that was also released in 1980. Thanks to a series of midnight shows and cable airings, Menahem Golan’s The Apple has achieved a whole new cult fan base. This freaky multi-genre spectacular has earned a place along side Xanadu andCan’t Stop the Music as a movie musical that is so completely misguided that it must be seen to be believed.
- Episode 341 – Falling in Love with History with Merry Farmer
- Episode 340 – Rom-Coms and Horror Movies with Sara Dobie Bauer
- Episode 339 – Mega Recommendation Spectacular!
- Episode 338 – Christmas Lights and Halloween Scares with Author Roan Parrish
- Episode 337 – In Conversation with Adriana Herrera, Frederick Smith and Chaz Lamar Cruz