Ooooh, I want! I want! Just in time for the holidays, the art book experts at Taschen are releasing The Art of George Quaintance. Like most fans of this unique artist, I became acquainted with Quaintance through reprints of the old AMG (Athletic Model Guild) magazine. Quaintance paintings, depicting idealized scenes of masculine interaction, were often featured on the covers. I love the vibrant retro colors and the subject matter… well, it’s easy to understand why I find it so appealing. I also love the distinctive style. When you’re looking at a George Quaintance painting, you know you’re looking at a George Quaintance painting. I’m so glad there is finally a single volume that brings together these beautiful works of art. This is at the top of my Xmas wish list!
- Episode 149 – Geoffrey Knight’s Adventurers & Billionaires + TV & Book Reviews
- Episode 148 – Carrie Pack Discusses “Past Imperfect” + Book Reviews
- Episode 147 – TJ Klune & Kirt Graves Talk “Ravensong”
- Episode 146 – Layla Reyne talks “Trouble Brewing” + Book & Documentary Reviews
- Episode 145 – Summer Book Recs from Lisa + Book & TV Reviews