Ooooh, I want! I want! Just in time for the holidays, the art book experts at Taschen are releasing The Art of George Quaintance. Like most fans of this unique artist, I became acquainted with Quaintance through reprints of the old AMG (Athletic Model Guild) magazine. Quaintance paintings, depicting idealized scenes of masculine interaction, were often featured on the covers. I love the vibrant retro colors and the subject matter… well, it’s easy to understand why I find it so appealing. I also love the distinctive style. When you’re looking at a George Quaintance painting, you know you’re looking at a George Quaintance painting. I’m so glad there is finally a single volume that brings together these beautiful works of art. This is at the top of my Xmas wish list!
- Episode 291 – Adam Silvera’s “Infinity Cycle” Continues
- Episode 290 – Big Gay Fiction Book Club February 2021: “Awkward Love” by Riley Hart
- Episode 289 – An Insiders Tour of “The Magic Emporium”
- Episode 288 – Roommates to Lovers with Garrett Leigh
- Episode 287 – Reviews: Philip William Stover, Merry Farmer, Everina Maxwell, Slade James, Adam Silvera