Ooooh, I want! I want! Just in time for the holidays, the art book experts at Taschen are releasing The Art of George Quaintance. Like most fans of this unique artist, I became acquainted with Quaintance through reprints of the old AMG (Athletic Model Guild) magazine. Quaintance paintings, depicting idealized scenes of masculine interaction, were often featured on the covers. I love the vibrant retro colors and the subject matter… well, it’s easy to understand why I find it so appealing. I also love the distinctive style. When you’re looking at a George Quaintance painting, you know you’re looking at a George Quaintance painting. I’m so glad there is finally a single volume that brings together these beautiful works of art. This is at the top of my Xmas wish list!
- Episode 357 – Heat, Heart, Humor and Spreadsheets with Lauren Blakely
- Episode 356 – Snowbound with Author Gabbi Grey
- Episode 355 – Book Recommendations to Ring in 2022
- Episode 354 – Jeff & Will’s Year in Books
- Episode 353 – Big Gay Fiction Book Club December 2021: “A Boyfriend for Christmas” by Jay Northcote