The original production of Chicago opened in May 1975 and was choreographed, co-written and directed by Fosse. It was nominated for 11 Tonys (won none) and ran for a little over two years. Nearly twenty years later, Ann Reinking choreographed the Chicago revival “in the style of Bob Fosse” with a lot of success. The revival, which opened in 1996 and received 8 Tony Awards (winning six, including for Reinking’s choreography) continues to run. Here’s the original revival cast, including Reinking and Bebe Neuwirth, performing at the 1997 Tony Awards. Of note in this performance, the performance of Reinking and Newwirth doing the “Hot Honey Rag” uses Fosse’s original choreography.
- Episode 339 – Mega Recommendation Spectacular!
- Episode 338 – Christmas Lights and Halloween Scares with Author Roan Parrish
- Episode 337 – In Conversation with Adriana Herrera, Frederick Smith and Chaz Lamar Cruz
- Episode 336 – 3 Romance Reviews, 4 Musical Reviews and a Preview of October
- Episode 335 – Big Gay Fiction Book Club September 2021: “Running Lines” by Jeris Jean