The original production of Chicago opened in May 1975 and was choreographed, co-written and directed by Fosse. It was nominated for 11 Tonys (won none) and ran for a little over two years. Nearly twenty years later, Ann Reinking choreographed the Chicago revival “in the style of Bob Fosse” with a lot of success. The revival, which opened in 1996 and received 8 Tony Awards (winning six, including for Reinking’s choreography) continues to run. Here’s the original revival cast, including Reinking and Bebe Neuwirth, performing at the 1997 Tony Awards. Of note in this performance, the performance of Reinking and Newwirth doing the “Hot Honey Rag” uses Fosse’s original choreography.
- GRL 2018 Bonus – TJ Klune Discusses “The Bones Beneath My Skin”
- GRL 2018 Bonus – “Devil Take Me” Authors: Rhys Ford, Jordan L. Hawk, Jordan Castillo Price, C.S. Poe, TA Moore & narrator Greg Tremblay
- Episode 158 – GRL 2018 Preview
- Episode 157 – Interviews with Tere Michaels, Priscilla Oliveras & Damon Suede
- Episode 156 – Victoria Sue Discusses “Guarding His Melody”