Jeff got me several Troy Donahue DVD’s from the Warner Archive Collection for Christmas. I’ve just finished watching My Blood Runs Cold(1965) and, while it’s not as campy as I’d have hoped, there’s still plenty to recommend it. Troy plays a drifterwho is convinced that Joey Heatherton is the reincarnation of his long-dead lover. The question remains, is suffering from past life regression or is he criminally insane? Troy is cast against type and obviously enjoyed the challenge, though he doesn’t quite pull it off (a vague script and bland direction are mostly to blame). Below are a few clips set to the craptastic theme song warbled by Heatherton. This theme (none to surprisingly) does not appear in the film.
- Episode 349 – Holiday Romance Reviews
- Episode 348 – Big Gay Fiction Book Club November 2021: “The Lights on Knockbridge Lane” by Roan Parrish
- Episode 347 – From “Hollywood Hopefuls” to “Coleridge Cliffs” with Jeris Jean
- Episode 346 – Jenn Burke Puts Her Spin on Fated Mates with “Ashes and Dust”
- Episode 345 – Penny Aimes and Verity Lowell Discuss Their Debut Romances