I watched White Christmas for the the first time this weekend and was surprised at how little it has to do with the holidays (the plot mainly focuses on romantic misunderstandings and post-war nostalgia/patriotism). Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye and Rosemary Clooney are all great, but it’s Vera-Ellen who steals the show. Despite being a fan (she’s great in On the Town) I watched most of White Christmas thinking she was Mitzi Gaynor (in my defense, they look and sound an awful lot alike). Vera-Ellen is paired with the handsome and talented John Brascia in most of her numbers. Below is an example of their remarkable terpsichorean talents.
- Episode 291 – Adam Silvera’s “Infinity Cycle” Continues
- Episode 290 – Big Gay Fiction Book Club February 2021: “Awkward Love” by Riley Hart
- Episode 289 – An Insiders Tour of “The Magic Emporium”
- Episode 288 – Roommates to Lovers with Garrett Leigh
- Episode 287 – Reviews: Philip William Stover, Merry Farmer, Everina Maxwell, Slade James, Adam Silvera