I watched White Christmas for the the first time this weekend and was surprised at how little it has to do with the holidays (the plot mainly focuses on romantic misunderstandings and post-war nostalgia/patriotism). Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye and Rosemary Clooney are all great, but it’s Vera-Ellen who steals the show. Despite being a fan (she’s great in On the Town) I watched most of White Christmas thinking she was Mitzi Gaynor (in my defense, they look and sound an awful lot alike). Vera-Ellen is paired with the handsome and talented John Brascia in most of her numbers. Below is an example of their remarkable terpsichorean talents.
- Episode 154 – Rhys Ford Discusses “Savior”
- Episode 153 – Rosalind Abel, Mildred Abbott & Special Guest Interview
- Episode 152 – Debut Author Alexander C. Eberhart Interview + Movie & Book Reviews
- Episode 151 – Hank Edwards Talks “Critters” & “Fluffers,” Joyfully Jay Challenge Month Preview
- Episode 150 – Brian Sloan Discusses “West 40s” + TV & Book Reviews