I watched White Christmas for the the first time this weekend and was surprised at how little it has to do with the holidays (the plot mainly focuses on romantic misunderstandings and post-war nostalgia/patriotism). Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye and Rosemary Clooney are all great, but it’s Vera-Ellen who steals the show. Despite being a fan (she’s great in On the Town) I watched most of White Christmas thinking she was Mitzi Gaynor (in my defense, they look and sound an awful lot alike). Vera-Ellen is paired with the handsome and talented John Brascia in most of her numbers. Below is an example of their remarkable terpsichorean talents.
- Episode 357 – Heat, Heart, Humor and Spreadsheets with Lauren Blakely
- Episode 356 – Snowbound with Author Gabbi Grey
- Episode 355 – Book Recommendations to Ring in 2022
- Episode 354 – Jeff & Will’s Year in Books
- Episode 353 – Big Gay Fiction Book Club December 2021: “A Boyfriend for Christmas” by Jay Northcote