In addition to seeing Whip It this weekend, Jeff and I finally got around to watching Hamlet 2. Though it’s not as painfully truthful and hilarious as Waiting For Guffman (trust me, Jeff and I have LIVED that movie) I still found myself laughing out loud. Hamlet 2 is the story of Dana Marschz (Steve Coogan) a grade A loser and spectacularly untalented drama teacher who pens a sequel to Hamlet in order to save the school drama program. In the process, he inadvertently creates (with the help of his students) a piece of subversive art. The plot of Hamlet 2 (the play within the movie) involves the Danish prince traveling back in time with Jesus in order to save everyone who dies at the end of the original Hamlet. The centerpiece of the show is the musical number “Rock Me Sexy Jesus”. Enjoy the clip below and check out the movie if you haven’t seen it yet.
- Episode 303 – Author Anna Zabo Writes Feel Good BDSM
- Episode 302 – Reviews: Adam Silvera, Summer Devon, Gregory Ashe & C.S. Poe, Sydney Smyth, Eli Easton & Tara Lain
- Episode 301 – Robbie Couch Mixes Rom-Com and Mystery for “The Sky Blues”
- Episode 300 – Arranged Marriage in Space with Everina Maxwell
- Episode 299 – April Book Preview Plus Reviews of Robbie Couch and Annabeth Albert