I downloaded Kelly’s new album, My December, this morning. Yes, I’ve read all the hype about her feud with the record company over this CD, and I’ve also read the good review it got in Entertainment Weekly. I have to say I side with EW. It’s a good album. On first listen, I think I like it better in total than Breakaway. I already liked the first single, “Never Again,” and now I also like “Hole,” “Judas,” and “Yeah” a lot. And I’m happy to report that there wasn’t a song that I was inclined to skip over, which is always a good thing. I like the rock feel behind this album… it’s far more rock than pop (and maybe that’s what scared RCA Records). It’s nice to see Kelly taking the stand for the kind of music she wants to make, especially if it yields stuff like this.
- Episode 341 – Falling in Love with History with Merry Farmer
- Episode 340 – Rom-Coms and Horror Movies with Sara Dobie Bauer
- Episode 339 – Mega Recommendation Spectacular!
- Episode 338 – Christmas Lights and Halloween Scares with Author Roan Parrish
- Episode 337 – In Conversation with Adriana Herrera, Frederick Smith and Chaz Lamar Cruz