I downloaded Kelly’s new album, My December, this morning. Yes, I’ve read all the hype about her feud with the record company over this CD, and I’ve also read the good review it got in Entertainment Weekly. I have to say I side with EW. It’s a good album. On first listen, I think I like it better in total than Breakaway. I already liked the first single, “Never Again,” and now I also like “Hole,” “Judas,” and “Yeah” a lot. And I’m happy to report that there wasn’t a song that I was inclined to skip over, which is always a good thing. I like the rock feel behind this album… it’s far more rock than pop (and maybe that’s what scared RCA Records). It’s nice to see Kelly taking the stand for the kind of music she wants to make, especially if it yields stuff like this.
- Episode 154 – Rhys Ford Discusses “Savior”
- Episode 153 – Rosalind Abel, Mildred Abbott & Special Guest Interview
- Episode 152 – Debut Author Alexander C. Eberhart Interview + Movie & Book Reviews
- Episode 151 – Hank Edwards Talks “Critters” & “Fluffers,” Joyfully Jay Challenge Month Preview
- Episode 150 – Brian Sloan Discusses “West 40s” + TV & Book Reviews