There’s a kind of perverse joy that comes from watching a truly awful movie musical. Bad acting. Bad dancing. Bad songs. The roller disco extravaganza Xanadu (1980) is considered by many to be the Mount Everest of bad movie musicals, with the Village People’s Can’t Stop the Music (1980) running a close second. But there is another, lesser known, contender that was also released in 1980. Thanks to a series of midnight shows and cable airings, Menahem Golan’s The Apple has achieved a whole new cult fan base. This freaky multi-genre spectacular has earned a place along side Xanadu andCan’t Stop the Music as a movie musical that is so completely misguided that it must be seen to be believed.
- Episode 145 – Summer Book Recs from Lisa + Book & TV Reviews
- Episode 144 – All About Coastal Magic with Jennifer Morris + Book Reviews
- Episode 143 – Brandilyn’s Audiobook Recs + NYC Theater Trip Roundup
- Episode 142 – A Visit to Sacramento’s Lavender Library + Book & Movie Reviews
- Episode 141 – Seth King Interview + TV, Movie & Book Reviews