Ooooh, I want! I want! Just in time for the holidays, the art book experts at Taschen are releasing The Art of George Quaintance. Like most fans of this unique artist, I became acquainted with Quaintance through reprints of the old AMG (Athletic Model Guild) magazine. Quaintance paintings, depicting idealized scenes of masculine interaction, were often featured on the covers. I love the vibrant retro colors and the subject matter… well, it’s easy to understand why I find it so appealing. I also love the distinctive style. When you’re looking at a George Quaintance painting, you know you’re looking at a George Quaintance painting. I’m so glad there is finally a single volume that brings together these beautiful works of art. This is at the top of my Xmas wish list!
- Episode 132 – Mary Calmes Talks “Twisted and Tied”
- Episode 131 – Tammy Middleton Talks Autism Awareness Month Auction, Christina’s Baseball Book Recs
- Episode 130 – Markie & Jessica from Top To BOTM Podcast Interview, Book Reviews & MisCast
- Episode 129 – Jay from Joyfully Jay Previews Theme Week, Plus Bunnies, Silk & Wildes
- Episode 128 – Becky Albertalli Returns: More “Simon” Talk Plus “Upside” and “Leah”