Well, they finally got it right. A good Adam Lambert video. It seems to me, the powers that be (the industry, his record company, whatever…) have had a hard time figuring out how to market Adam. Since he’s essentially the first pop/rock artist to be open about his sexuality from the outset, that’s the marketing angle they used (As if that was the only interesting thing about him). I love Adam to pieces, I really do, but the whole sexed-up/glam/rock god image never worked IMHO. The sexy vibe seemed forced to me. He’s so nice and down-to-earth in his interviews. The video for “If I Had You” (my favorite song on his cd btw) keeps the glam but replaces the sex with a more light-hearted party vibe, which I think overall works much better. What do you think?
- Episode 128 – Becky Albertalli Returns: More “Simon” Talk Plus “Upside” and “Leah”
- Episode 127 – Becky Albertalli Discusses “Love, Simon”
- Episode 126 – Brandilyn Recommends Rick Riordan, “Tom of Finland” Bio Pic
- Episode 125 – Poppy Dennison Introduces the “Bartlett Boys,” Book Review, Book2Pod & More
- Big Gay Fiction Podcast – Episode 124 – Lucy Lennox Gets Princely, Lisa Has Book Recs & More