The original production of Chicago opened in May 1975 and was choreographed, co-written and directed by Fosse. It was nominated for 11 Tonys (won none) and ran for a little over two years. Nearly twenty years later, Ann Reinking choreographed the Chicago revival “in the style of Bob Fosse” with a lot of success. The revival, which opened in 1996 and received 8 Tony Awards (winning six, including for Reinking’s choreography) continues to run. Here’s the original revival cast, including Reinking and Bebe Neuwirth, performing at the 1997 Tony Awards. Of note in this performance, the performance of Reinking and Newwirth doing the “Hot Honey Rag” uses Fosse’s original choreography.
- Episode 128 – Becky Albertalli Returns: More “Simon” Talk Plus “Upside” and “Leah”
- Episode 127 – Becky Albertalli Discusses “Love, Simon”
- Episode 126 – Brandilyn Recommends Rick Riordan, “Tom of Finland” Bio Pic
- Episode 125 – Poppy Dennison Introduces the “Bartlett Boys,” Book Review, Book2Pod & More
- Big Gay Fiction Podcast – Episode 124 – Lucy Lennox Gets Princely, Lisa Has Book Recs & More