I watched White Christmas for the the first time this weekend and was surprised at how little it has to do with the holidays (the plot mainly focuses on romantic misunderstandings and post-war nostalgia/patriotism). Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye and Rosemary Clooney are all great, but it’s Vera-Ellen who steals the show. Despite being a fan (she’s great in On the Town) I watched most of White Christmas thinking she was Mitzi Gaynor (in my defense, they look and sound an awful lot alike). Vera-Ellen is paired with the handsome and talented John Brascia in most of her numbers. Below is an example of their remarkable terpsichorean talents.
- Episode 137 – Hans M. Hirschi Interview & Giveaway, Book Reviews
- Episode 136 – Audiobook Narrator Finn Sterling Interview, Book Reviews
- Episode 135 – Live from the L.A. Times Festival of Books Part 2
- Episode 134 – Keira Andrews Talks “Test of Valor,” Book & TV Reviews
- Episode 133 – Live from the L.A. Times Festival of Books Part 1