I downloaded Kelly’s new album, My December, this morning. Yes, I’ve read all the hype about her feud with the record company over this CD, and I’ve also read the good review it got in Entertainment Weekly. I have to say I side with EW. It’s a good album. On first listen, I think I like it better in total than Breakaway. I already liked the first single, “Never Again,” and now I also like “Hole,” “Judas,” and “Yeah” a lot. And I’m happy to report that there wasn’t a song that I was inclined to skip over, which is always a good thing. I like the rock feel behind this album… it’s far more rock than pop (and maybe that’s what scared RCA Records). It’s nice to see Kelly taking the stand for the kind of music she wants to make, especially if it yields stuff like this.
- Episode 137 – Hans M. Hirschi Interview & Giveaway, Book Reviews
- Episode 136 – Audiobook Narrator Finn Sterling Interview, Book Reviews
- Episode 135 – Live from the L.A. Times Festival of Books Part 2
- Episode 134 – Keira Andrews Talks “Test of Valor,” Book & TV Reviews
- Episode 133 – Live from the L.A. Times Festival of Books Part 1