At work, I’ve been working with a web development firm over in Riga, Latvia. Of course, 99.9% of our communication is via email or Skype, but every now and then I get something in the mail. That happened today and I had to share the postage stamp that was on the letter. It’s a very cool goalie stamp, which commemorates Riga hosting the 2006 IIHF World Championship (IIHF is the International Ice Hockey Federation) back in May. I don’t know if there are a whole series of hockey stamps, but I plan to find out. It’s nice to see things like this from other parts of the world. When we were in Montreal I loved the $5 bills because those had a hockey theme on one side (I wish I’d taken a picture or brought one home to scan, but that didn’t happen).
- Episode 145 – Summer Book Recs from Lisa + Book & TV Reviews
- Episode 144 – All About Coastal Magic with Jennifer Morris + Book Reviews
- Episode 143 – Brandilyn’s Audiobook Recs + NYC Theater Trip Roundup
- Episode 142 – A Visit to Sacramento’s Lavender Library + Book & Movie Reviews
- Episode 141 – Seth King Interview + TV, Movie & Book Reviews